If you are wondering how to change Youtube Thumbnail, then you are in the right place. Because in this post, you are going to learn how to Change YouTube Thumbnail quickly.
You’ll learn to
- Change YouTube Thumbnail on Published Video.
- Change YouTube Thumbnail While Publishing Video.
Read Also:Block YouTube Channels
How to Change YouTube Thumbnail on Published Video
Changing Youtube Thumbnail can be done in a minute. Here’s how you can do it step by step guide.
- Sign in to YouTube and press on your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Click YouTube Studio(beta) from the menu.
- Press the ‘Videos‘ tab on the left and click on the title or thumbnail of the video for which you wish to change the thumbnail.
- In the next screen under the “Basic” tab, you’ll see a section named ‘Thumbnail.’
- You’ll see three auto-generated thumbnail options and a button on the left side that says ‘Custom thumbnail.’
- Click on this button to upload your custom image.
- Now select the file you wish to set as a thumbnail and click ‘Open.’
- Make sure that it adheres to all the technical recommendations.
- Finally, tap the ‘SAVE‘ button in the top-right corner. This will save the changes and apply the thumbnail to your video.
- When you visit your channel, you’ll now see that the thumbnail is live!
If you are wondering how you could set a custom thumbnail to a video while getting it published? Read on to learn how you could do that.
Read Also:Edit YouTube Videos
How to Change YouTube Thumbnail While Publishing Video
There are 2 Methods to change youtube thumbnail while publishing the video. Don’t worry. We’ll cover both.
Select an auto-generated thumbnail
- From the YouTube homepage, click your avatar at the top right and select “YouTube Studio.”
- Go to YouTube Studio to choose a thumbnail for your uploaded video.
- Click “Videos” in the left panel.
- Hover your mouse over the video you wish to edit and press the pen icon that appears.
- You should see three auto-generated thumbnails on the Basic Details page.
- Choose and click “Save” in the top-right.
- Make a Custom Thumbnail and upload it.
Make a Custom Thumbnail
If auto-generated thumbnails do not suit you and you want to create your own, but youtube doesn’t have any tool for this.
Don’t worry. I’ll show you a method to make your own on your Pc or Mac.
- Open the video on your computer in any media player.
- Pause the video at the point that you wish to create the thumbnail.
- Start the Snipping Tool from the Start menu on Windows, or press Command + Shift + 4 to enter screenshot mode.
- If you are using the Snipping Tool, click “Mode” and choose “Rectangular Snip.“
- Press in the upper left corner and drag the rectangle to the lower right corner.
- The screenshot will appear in the Snipping Tool. Click the “File” and then select “Save As.”
- Name the thumbnail image and save it. In Mac, the photo will appear in the bottom-right corner of the screen and will disappear in a few seconds. Once it goes, it has been saved.
- Return to the video on YouTube and, besides the auto-generated thumbnails, click “Custom thumbnail.”
- Choose the file you just saved.
Note: Many creators also use programs like Adobe Photoshop to design their custom thumbnails. If you want a thumbnail that’s not just a frame from your video, consider creating your own.
It’s an effortless method to change youtube thumbnails on published video. You just have to do a few clicks to get the job done. This method will ease your problem and will make your video perform better.