Long gone are the days when it was possible to have your friend over for gaming or movie sessions. In this pandemic world, friends and family cannot gather due to social distancing practices.
Thanks to Twitch, you can still enjoy your favorite games and movies with your friends and family while staying at your home.
You can stream on Twitch with OBS and indulge your friends, family, and the followers in the activity with yourself.
Stream on Twitch with OBS
It’s easy to stream on Twitch with OBS than any other software due to its excellent interface and features. It’s a 3 part procedure to setup OBS and start broadcasting on Twitch. Let’s get started.
Get Twitch Stream Key
You need to get your Twitch stream key to stream on Twitch with OBS. Every user has a unique stream key. You can get yours in your Dashboard. Here’s how.
- Go to twitch.tv and login to your account.
- Click on your username in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Dashboard from the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, scroll down to the “Settings” section.
- Click on “Stream key,” then click “Show Key.”
- Press “I understand” and save the code for later use.
You should copy this key and save it in notepad. You’ll need to integrate it to stream on Twitch with OBS or any other software for that matter.
Read Also: How to Set up Donations on Twitch
Now that you have your Twitch stream key, it’s time to setup OBS and connect it with your Twitch account. Here’s how.
- Download OBS and open it as an administrator.
- Click “File” then select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Stream” tab from the left panel.
- Click “Twitch” from the list of streaming services.
- Now enter the Twitch key next to the “Stream Key” section.
- Click Apply to confirm the setup.
Your Twitch account and the OBS are connected, and you can now broadcast your screen.
Set up the broadcast layout
The last step is to set up the layout of your broadcast. The layout is how it will appear your viewers, so you want it to be as compelling and engaging as it can be.
You can set up things like graphics Picture-in-Picture webcam and reactions in layout. Here’s how.
- Run the game you want to stream.
- Open OBS and right-click the “Sources” box.
- Click Add then “Window Capture” ( to stream the whole window instead of a game choose “Desktop Capture”)
- Name the source and press enter.
- Now select the window of your game and click OK.
- Press “Start Streaming” whenever you are ready to broadcast.
There you have it. Your streaming setup is done. You can go live now, which just a click.
Read Also: How to Mod Someone on Twitch
Streaming on Twitch has never been easier thanks to the OBS. You can set it up quickly and get started right away. This guide will take you through the whole process of setting up the stream and going live. Follow the steps, and you’ll be good to go.