Twitch is a popular streaming website with an audience of 15 Million Daily Active Users. You’ll find every kind of users here if you are a streamer.
What is Mod
Mod short for moderator, looks out for the spam, trolls and toxic comments in the chat and remove them. Although there is an auto mod feature in Twitch, what could be better than a human moderator?
If you are facing hatred, trolls, spam and toxic comments in your chat then the best way to get rid is to make someone moderator while you are streaming. There are two ways you can do it. Both are discussed below.
Mod Someone on Twitch By Chat
You can make someone mod on Twitch stream just by typing in command while you are streaming. Here’s how.
- Go to the chat section while you are streaming.
- Type in the command ‘/mod’ with the name of the channel you to made mod.
- That channel will now become mod of your stream.
After adding someone, you’ll get a notification in the chat that you have successfully added them as a mod.
Read Also: How to Make Twitch Emotes
Mod Someone By Profile
The alternative way to mod someone on Twitch stream is to do this by going their profile. Here’s how you can do it.
- Click on the three horizontal dots in the bottom right of the screen.
- Select the user you want to make the mod from the chatroom.
- Click on the thunder symbol on the user’s profile to make him mod.
Now that person is added as the mod on your stream and can moderate your stream.
Unmod Someone on Twitch
If you want to remove someone whom you added as moderator, you can follow the steps given below.
- Go to your Twitch Chatroom.
- Type in the command ‘/unmod’ with the username of the person who is mod.
The account will no longer be a moderator and will not have access to edit the chat. You can again add someone by following the above-given steps again.
Read Also: How to Stream on Twitch with OBS
With plenty of viewers on stream, the Twitch chat can become toxic sometimes. You can deal with this by making someone a mod on your chat. This guide will take you through the whole process of making a mod and removing it too.