Twitch is known for its uniqueness and doing things in its own way. The online streaming platform has a style of its own and never copies its competitor.
We get to see this in emojis too. Twitch has its own style of emojis known as emotes. You can choose from the pre-uploaded emotes or make Twitch Emotes of your own.
What is Twitch Emotes
Twitch emotes are emoticons or emoji, but the Twitch style. While other platforms have emojis like smiley faces, and hearts, Twitch has emotes all unique to its platform.
Twitch emotes can be a custom art, cartoon, or the streamer’s picture itself. They are used in the chat by typing case-sensitive combinations of letters and symbols or choosing from the emotes menu.
Twitch emotes are used to convey messages, moods, or greetings. You can choose from the default emotes or make emotes of your own.
Read Also: How to Mod Someone on Twitch
How to Make Twitch emotes
It’s an easy task to make Twitch emotes. You can either hire a designer on freelance sites or do the job yourself. Both methods are discussed below.
Make Twitch Emotes using GIMP
GIMP is a graphic designing software that nobody is unaware of. You can use it to make Twitch emotes. GIMP allows you to convert your thoughts into the graphics you want. Here’s how you can do it.
- Install GIMP and open GIMP.
- Press on the “File” option.
- Click on a “New” option.
- For a square canvas, choose “1122 Width” and “1122 Height”.
- For advance settings, click on the “Advanced option.”
- Choose “Transparency” in the “Fill with” box.
- Create your emote then click on the “Image” option
- Press on the “Canvas Size” option then click on file option.
- Press on “Save As” option and then “Resize” image again for your last emote
- Click on the “File” option and press on the “Save As” option.
Voila, you have created your Twitch emotes. You have just to upload them to Twitch to use them.
Hire a Designer
If you don’t have a design in mind or the graphic software is too hard for you, then you can hire a designer and get the job done in half the time.
You just have to tell your requirements to the designer, and he/she will do it for you. It’s the best way to save time and your efforts. You can hire designers on freelance platforms like Fiverr and Upwork.
Upload Emotes to Twitch
Now that you have your Twitch emotes, you have to upload them to your Twitch account for use during streams.
- Go to twitch.tv and login to your account.
- Click on your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Click “Creator Dashboard” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Affiliate” in the left panel.
- Press “Emotes” under “Subscription” sections.
- Click on the “Edit” button.
- The “Upload Emotes” section will pop-up.
- Choose the emotes from your computer and press “Upload.”
There you have it. The emotes you created are now uploaded to your account, and you can use them during the streams. You can create as many as you want and upload them through the same process.
Read Also: How to Cancel Twitch Prime
Twitch emotes are the Twitch version of emoticons or emojis. You can create your own emotes and upload them to Twitch to use it during streams. This guide will take you through the process to make Twitch emotes and upload them.