Twitch lets you connect with people and interact with them in real-time. The online streaming site gives you a way to build up an audience and tell the world about your skill or talent.
Streamers come here and create content and stream it to their audience. If you don’t have content of your own, then you can host on Twitch other streamers.
What is Hosting
The hosting feature on Twitch allows you to showcase other’s content. If you don’t have your content or want to promote someone, you can host someone on your channel.
When you host on Twitch, their content is shown to your audience and your audience stays engaged with your channel if it’s not even your content.
Advantages of Hosting on Twitch
Although not as good as creating your content, hosting has its fair share of benefits. Hosting other streamers allow you to stay connected with your audience even if you’re online.
You can take a break for coffee or bathe and your user will still be connected to your channel.
Moreover, hosting someone helps you get hosted by someone. When you host someone there are chances that they’ll host you back too. So it’s a win-win for both you and the ones you are hosting.
It is also a good way to make a place of your own in the community. When you host others, you kind of promote them which create a sense of caring in others for you. See hosting others is beneficial for you as well as the others.
Disadvantages of Hosting on Twitch
As good as it sounds, hosting has some disadvantages too. First of all, if you do it too much, then you can lose your audience. They subscribed to your channel to see you not the hosted streamer obviously.
Moreover, communication with the audience is not better when hosting content as it’s not your content.
You should host on Twitch but also keep streaming your content to retain the audience.
Read Also: How to Donate Bits on Twitch
Hosting Via Chat
You can host on Twitch simply by typing a command in your chatbox. Here’s how you can do so.
- Go to twitch.tv on your browser and log in to your account.
- Click on your username in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click “Channel” from the drop-down menu.
- In the chatbox, type “/host” followed by a channel name which you want to host.
- The streamer being hosted will get a notification that someone is hosting them.
Voila, now you are hosting another streamer on your channel. Your channel’s viewers will see the host streaming. Their comments will show on your chatbox, however, the views will be counted on the channel being hosted.
You can stop hosting whenever you want by typing in the command “/unhost” in your chatbox.
Hosting By Auto-Host Feature
If you don’t want to type the command whenever you want to host then Auto Hosting feature is for you. This feature will automate the process and host on Twitch for you. Here’s how to set it up on your channel.
- Go to Channels settings option and scroll down to the “Auto Hosting” section.
- Toggle on the first two buttons to enable the “Auto Host” feature.
- Toggle on the “Twitch Team” button to add your Twitch team.
- You can add new channels by clicking the + sign and typing their name.
- You can also prioritize the channels you want to host first.
- You can also choose the type of content you want to host, or otherwise, Twitch will do this for you.
- Click on save changes to save the changes you made.
Now Twitch will auto host from the list of the channels you have made. You don’t even have to set up hosting yourself as described in the previous process.
This will save you time and will keep your audience busy for quite some time.
Host on Twitch on Mobile
You have to download the Twitch app in your Android or iPhone before this process. Here’s how you can host on Twitch through your mobile phone.
- Open the Twitch app and log in to your account.
- Click on your profile picture on the upper-right corner in Android and upper-left corner in iPhone.
- Click on the “Chat” option.
- Type in the command “/host” followed by a channel name in the chat.
There you have it. The viewers on your channel will see the channel you are hosting. Your chatroom will still be active however the views will be counted for the channel being hosted (Fair enough right?).
If you want to stop hosting the other channel, simply type “/unhost” in the chat and the hosting will stop.
Read Also:How to Get Twitch Prime
If you don’t have content to stream and want to keep your audience occupied then hosting is the best. This guide covers different methods and devices through which you can host on Twitch. Just follow the steps and you’ll be good to go.