If you don’t like the username you chose once, then you can change it. Twitch now allows users the accessibility to change Twitch usernames as they want.
This wasn’t an option before. If it were past, you would have to create a new account to change your username, which not to mention is a long process.
After a lot of requests from the users, Twitch has added this feature on their platform. Here’s how you can use it.
How to Change Twitch Username
Changing Twitch username is an easy task and can be done in a few clicks. Here’s how.
- Go to Twitch.tv and sign-in to your account.
- Click on your profile icon and go to your account settings.
- You’ll see the edit button in front of your current username.
- Click the edit button and type your new username.
- You’ll see a green tick if that username is available.
- Click update to confirm.
- Enter your account password to confirm your identity.
There you have it. You have successfully changed your Twitch username.
Remember when you change your username, your channel URL changes too. You’ll not lose your followers and subscribers but they’ll see your new name too.
Also, this process can’t be done again for another 60 days. So once you change your username, choose it wisely. Otherwise you’ll have to wait 60 days to change your username again.
Read Also: How to Cancel Twitch Prime
It wasn’t possible to change your Twitch username in the past. But after a lot of requests from users, Twitch has added this feature. You can follow the above steps to change your username in just a few clicks.