Spotify is a music streaming service with a vast collection of 50 million songs. You’ll find many kinds of songs, tracks, and podcasts there.
Spotify also allows you to Upload Music to Spotify if it isn’t already there. You can add your favorite songs on Spotify and listen to them through the app.
Upload Music to Spotify
You can import local music to Spotify using your Desktop app only. Once you do it and make a playlist, you’ll be able to access it from your mobile device too.
- Open the Spotify app and log in to your account.
- Click on “Edit” at the top menu in PC or “Spotify” in MAC.
- Press “Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, scroll down to “Local Files” and click “Add A Source.“
- Select the folder where the music is which you want to add.
- The music will be added under the “Local Files” tab.
Create a New Playlist
Once you have added the songs in Spotify, you’ll have to create a playlist to put them into. Here’s how you can do so.
- Click the “New Playlist” button in the bottom left corner of the app.
- Type in the name and save it.
- Go to the “Local Files” tab and add the songs there in the newly created playlist.
Upload Music to Spotify on Phone
You have to perform this additional task if you want to listen to local songs from your mobile device.
- Open the Spotify app and Login to the same account you used on the desktop.
- Go to the playlist you created from the desktop.
- Toggle the “Download” button.
- The button will turn green and downloading will start.
Now you can easily access your favorite songs from Spotify if they aren’t there by default. Remember, when you select the folder containing music, any restricted music will automatically be not imported to your Spotify app.
Read Also: How to Download Music from Spotify
No doubt, Spotify has a massive collection of music, songs, tracks, and podcast to listen to and enjoy. If by chance any of your favorite ones are not there, you can follow this guide to add them to your Spotify app and listen to them through the app.