With over 286 monthly active users, Spotify is no doubt one of the biggest music streaming service out there. Users love it for the features and options it provides.
With so many features, it can be sometimes daunting for you to operate them. That’s why we have compiled a list of some Spotify features and the method to use them.
Let’s dive right in!
How to use Spotify: Signing Up
Here’s how you can sign up on the Spotify and start using the music streaming services.
- Go to spotify.com and click the “Get Spotify Free” button.
- Enter the email, password, and other information it requires.
- You can also sign-up using your Facebook account.
- Check the “I’m not a robot” box and click “Sign-up.”
There you have it. You are now an official user of the app. If you want to use Spotify on your mobile phone, then download the Spotify app from the app store of your phone.
Let’s see how you can navigate around the app and use basic features.
Navigate Around Spotify
Here is a simple map to navigate around the music streaming website.
- You’ll see Spotify Homepage when you log in.
- Spotify Homepage consists of different genre and Moods and other options like: Playlists: Here, you’ll see your created Playlists. Stations: This option is for your saved radio stations and artist station. Songs: You’ll see a list of your saved songs here.Albums: All your saved albums will appear here.Artists: Tracks from your favourite Artists will appear here. Downloads: Your downloaded songs will be here.Local Files: Your imported songs will appear here.
- You can save and import music through the options stated above.
Now that you are aware of the main interface of Spotify let’s see how you can find music and jump on this bandwagon.
Read Also: Download Music from Spotify
Here are some different ways to find music and listen to them. You can also save them for listening later. Here’s how.
Spotify Search Engine
Use Spotify Search bar to search for new music, podcasts and artist and save them for later. You can also use the search bar to search for your friends using their usernames.
Read Also: Upload Music to Spotify
You can also search playlists on Spotify. Search something like “Best birthday songs.” If any user has made a playlist for this, it’ll appear in the results.
Spotify has tons of features, which is great but at the same time hard to operate. This guide will take you through the Spotify app and will guide you about it’s most famous options and features.