A username plays a crucial role in your SoundCloud account. It’s the name people remember you and call you with. If you are not happy with your current username or account name then you can change it.
The music streaming service allows users to change SoundCloud name and username as they like. Here’s how you can do it.
How to Change SoundCloud Name
Although changing your SoundCloud name is easy, it can’t be done through the app. You have to open the SoundCloud website and sign-in to your account for this purpose. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to Soundcloud.com and log-in to your account.
- Click on the down arrow icon ahead of your current username.
- Click “Profile” from the list of options in the dropdown menu.
- On the next page, click the “edit” button from the horizontal menu.
- A pop-up will appear—type in your new username and name.
- Click the “Save changes” button to confirm.
There you have it. You have successfully changed your SoundCloud username and name.
SoundCloud Policy regarding Name
SoundCloud encourages users to use their stage names as their usernames and account names. They don’t allow users to portray another person’s identity as it is considered identity theft. So be cautious while choosing your future username and name.
It’s a no-hassle process to change your SoundCloud account name and username. Just follow the above-given steps and also consider the SoundCloud policy before choosing your new username and account name.