Instagram is not only a platform to share your pictures and videos with the world but it also lets you connect with your friends and followers personally through messaging.
You can message someone on Instagram and get in touch with them. Let’s see how you can do this step-by-step.
Message Someone on Instagram Direct
You can use Instagram Direct to message someone directly. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open the Instagram app and log-in to your account
- Press “Paper Plane Icon” on the top right corner of the screen
- Choose a “new message” and write the username of that person
See as easy as that. The person will receive the message and will be able to reply to you if they want to.
Read Also: How to Tag Someone on Instagram
Message Someone on Instagram through Recipient’s Profile
You can also message someone on Instagram by searching them first. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open the Instagram app and log in to your account
- Click on the “Magnifying Glass” on the bottom of the page
- The “Search bar” will appear
- Write the username of the person
- Open his/her profile
- Click on 3 dots on the right top of the profile
- Choose the “send message” option.
There you have it. The person will receive your message in their inbox.
Read Also: How to Repost on Instagram
Messaging is what makes social media “social.” Instagram allows you to message your friends, followers, and strangers by two. This guide will take you through both ways of connecting with the ones you want and message them.