It wouldn’t be unfair to say that Instagram is one of the best social media platforms to share your photos with the world.
The platform lets you post photos and videos on your account and share your lifestyle with your fan and following.
But what if you post something on Instagram unintentionally, or just want to clean some outdated content on your account?
Don’t worry then. In this post, you’ll get to know everything you should know about how to delete Instagram posts or to archive it.
Deleting an Instagram post is just a matter of a few simple steps.
If you just want to hide a post instead then deleting it, then that’s possible too.
Here’s how to do it on your account.
How to delete Instagram post
You should know you can only delete Instagram posts posted from your account.
If you want to delete someone’s else post, then contact the Instagram support team(that if the post is against Instagram guidelines).
Anyway, Here’s the step-by-step guide to delete Instagram post.
- Open the Instagram app and log in to your account
- You’ll see your profile icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. Tap on it.
- Find the photo you want to delete in the Instagram profile page and open it.
- You’ll see the three dots in the upper-right corner of your screen on the photo page. Clicking them will open a menu.
- Click “Delete” at the top of the list of options.
- Next, Instagram will confirm if you want to delete the post. Tap ‘Delete‘ again.
Congratulation, your post will be officially deleted then.
Be careful because by deleting Instagram posts, all the comments and likes will also be removed.
Once you delete post permanently, then you cannot restore them. So be cautious.
How to archive Instagram post
If you are not sure whether to delete a post or not, then simply hide them.
Just archive them.
This feature will disappear your post from your grid feed and only you will be able to see it in another section.
The best part?
By archiving posts, you will not lose comments and likes. They will be just hidden.
Let’s archive an Instagram post.
- Open the Instagram app and log into your account.
- Visit your profile by clicking on the profile icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Select the photo that you wish to archive.
- Tap the three horizontal dots on the opposite side of your username.
- Click “Archive” to archive the photo and hide it from your timeline.
Want to see the archived posts?
Well then, just simply tap the three-dots vertically stacked in a line in the upper right corner of your profile page.
If you want to un-archive posts, then tap on a post, click the three-dot menu at the top right of the post, and select “Show on profile.”
This will un-archive the post and make it visible to your followers once again, along with the comments and likes the post had before.
How To Delete All Posts At Once
Unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t have an option to bulk delete photos.
However, there are third-party apps that may come in handy.
For instance, Cleaner for Ins is a popular and well known third party app for IOS.
This app can help you with many things like bulk deletes Instagram posts.
And guess what? It’s free! Get rid of the photos and videos all at once by just a click.
But what if you’re using Android?
Don’t worry. We’ve got your back.
You can use Cleaner For Instagram. This app will allow you to delete 5 Instagram posts at once. If you need to remove more than that, then just pay for an upgrade.
Always read reviews of these apps before making the decision. Third-party apps aren’t reliable always.
Sometimes, doing it with the hands through the Instagram app is the better choice.
Read Also: Unblock Someone on Instagram
It’s very easy to delete Instagram post. You can also hide it if you want. Make a decision and then remove the content to avoid any mistake.