In this digital age, where we share our personal and private moments on social media, it’s good to have a safe and secure account. Your account’s security, for the most part, depends on your password.
Your password should be easy to remember, but at the same time, hard to crack. Let’s see how you can change Instagram password and select a robust and secure one.
Change Instagram Password on Desktop
Here’s how you can change Instagram password on Windows and MAC. Just open a browser and follow these steps.
- Go to Instagram and login to your account.
- Click on the profile icon on the top right corner of the button.
- Choose “Change password“.
- Type your current password and then write the new password.
That’s about it. Your password is changed and your old password will no longer. You’ll have to use your new pass to log in.
Read Also: How to Turn on Dark Mode in Instagram
Change Instagram Password on Mobile device
Here’s how you can change the Instagram password on your mobile device.
- Open the Instagram app and log in to your account.
- Click on the profile icon at the bottom of the page.
- Click on three horizontal lines on the top right of the corner.
- Click on settings
- You’ll see security option in the drop-down menu.
- Press password option
- Write your current password and then write your new password.
There you have it. Your password has changed successfully. You’ll have to use the new pass to login to your Instagram account.
See This Before Changing Password
Choose the password keeping in mind the security of your account. Your account’s access depends on your pass. Make sure to choose a secure and robust password. Follow these instructions when selecting a new password.
- Include one Capital letter at least.
- Your password should contain small letters too.
- Also, add numbers in your password.
- Take it up a notch by using special characters like !#$?.
A password following these instructions will be almost impossible to get hacked.
Read Also: How to Delete Instagram Search History
With the cybersecurity concerns increasing daily, it’s crucial to have a strong and secure password. This guide will take you through the whole process of changing the Instagram password and getting a new one.