Facebook is a massive platform where you’ll find every kind of user. Some you’ll become friends with while others you’ll have to block. Blocking someone on Facebook is easy, but what if you decide to unblock someone?
Well, thanks to Facebook, unblocking someone is relatively easier than blocking them. Here is how you can unblock someone on Facebook on desktop as well as mobile.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook
You can follow the below steps to block someone on Facebook in just a few clicks.
- Go to Facebook.com and sign-in to your account.
- Press the down arrow in the right corner of the blue bar.
- Click on Settings from the list of options.
- Click on the Blocking tab in the left column.
- All the blocked user’s list will appear.
- Click on the unblockbutton opposite to the user’s name you want to unblock.
- A dialogue box will appear. Click confirm to unblock them.
When you unblock someone, they don’t get a notification or alert. But they will be able to see your posts, to message you, and also tag you. Moreover, if you have a change of heart, you have to wait 48 hours to block them again.
Do you know there are more Google searches for the query “How to unblock a friend on Facebook” than “How to block a friend on Facebook.” Interesting isn’t it.
Read Also: How to Delete a Facebook Page
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook in Mobile
Here is how you can block someone on Facebook through your mobile phone. The process is the same for Android and iPhone OS.
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account.
- Click on the three stacked lines on the right of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Settings & Privacy.
- Click on Settings from the options list.
- Scroll down and click on Blocking.
- The list of blocked persons will appear.
- Click on the Unblock in front of their name to unblock them.
- A dialogue box will appear. Click on Unblock again to confirm.
There you have it. You have successfully unblocked someone on Facebook in a few steps.
Read Also: How to Tag Someone on Facebook
Blocking someone on Facebook is easy, but unblocking is easier. If you have a change of heart and you want to unblock someone you blocked earlier, then this guide will help you do so. Just follow the steps, and you will be good to go.