If you are tired of managing your Facebook group or fed up of the notifications you receive, you can delete it and get some peace.
It’s a simple task to delete a Facebook group and only requires a few steps to perform. Let’s dive right in.
Delete a Facebook Group on Desktop
To delete a Facebook group, you have to be the owner of it. If you are an admin, you can only archive it. An admin can delete the group if the owner leaves the group.
Moreover, you’ll first have to remove every member from your group as Facebook doesn’t have any direct option to delete a group. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to facebook.com and login to your account.
- Go to the group you want to delete.
- Click on “Member” on the left side menu.
- You’ll see a list of all group members.
- Click the “More” button in front of each member’s name.
- Press “Remove from Group” and click “Confirm.
- After you are only left in the group, click the “More” button in front of your name.
- Select “Leave Group” and then “Leave and Delete.”
After a long process, your group is deleted. You cannot get this group back, so think before you delete a Facebook group. You can also create a Facebook group whenever you want and add the members again.
Read Also: How to Deactivate your Facebook Account
Delete a Facebook Group on Mobile
You’ll have to remove the members too if you are doing this through a mobile phone. The process is the same for Android and iPhone. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account.
- Click on three lines and then click on “Groups.”
- Click “See All” opposite to your “Your Groups,” and then “See All” below “Groups you Manage.”
- Select and open the group you want to delete.
- Now click on the name of group and press “See All.”
- Click on each member name and select “Remove Member” to remove them.
- Once everyone is removed, tap on your name and select “Leave Group.”
- Press “Leave and Delete” to confirm.
Voila, you have deleted your Facebook group through your mobile phone. There is no way to get a deleted Facebook group back, so proceed with caution.
Read Also: How to Change Facebook Name
It’s easy to delete a Facebook group than to create it. This article will guide you through the whole process of removing a Facebook group along with members on desktop as well as mobile devices.