If you don’t have enough time to check up on your Facebook account or want to get rid of this distraction, then you can delete it and focus on what’s important.
It can be a bit daunting task to deactivate your Facebook account as the social media site doesn’t want you to leave your daily scrolling. But in this guide, we have created easy to follow steps for you. Let’s get started.
Deactivate your Facebook Account
Here’s how you can deactivate your Facebook account in just a few steps.
- Open Facebook App and log-in to your account
- Click on the arrow on the top right corner
- Press the “Setting” option
- You’ll see “Manage account” option in general
- Tap the “Deactivate” option.
- Enter your “Facebook Password” to confirm.
- Facebook will ask the reason for deactivation.
- Press “Continue to Deactivation.”
Your account will be deactivated now. If you want to re-activate it, simply login back using the same email and password. Facebook will send you an email confirming is it you. Confirm with the link in the email and get back on Facebook.
Read Also: How to Deactivate your Facebook Account
Delete Facebook Account
If you are done with Facebook for good and want to delete Facebook account permanently, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Go to facebook.com and login to your account.
- Navigate to this link.
- On the next page, click the “Download Info” button if you want to.
- When done, click on the “Delete” account button.
Your Facebook account will be permanently deleted. Remember, this is an irreversible process so proceed with cautions.
Read Also: How to Delete a Facebook Group
As beneficial as it is, Facebook can sometimes be overwhelming. If that’s the case with you, you can deactivate your account and take a break. This guide will take you through the whole process to deactivate your Facebook account and even deleting it if the need arises.