page whether you are doing rebranding or changing your Facebook page niche, you can change your Facebook page name and get a new one.
In the past, this wasn’t an option. But after so many requests from users, Facebook lets you change your page name. Let’s see the policies and the steps to do it.
Facebook Policies regarding Page Name
The social media platform is a little strict when it comes to changing the Page name. You cannot use words like “official” or “Facebook” in your name. Moreover, the new name should be less than 75 characters
Facebook prohibits misleading or inappropriate page names and doesn’t approve it. Your page name cannot be a generic word like pizza. It has to be something specific. Remember changing name will not change the username and the URL.
If you follow all these guidelines, then you are ready to move forward.
Read Also: How to Turn Off Comments on Facebook Post
Change Your Facebook Page Name On Desktop
Here’s how you can change your Facebook page name on Windows as well as MAC.
- Go to facebook.com and login to your account.
- Navigate to your page and click “About” in the left-hand side menu.
- Under the “General” section, click “Edit” next to “Name.”
- On the pop-up that says “Request New Page Name.”
- Type in the new name and click “Continue” to confirm.
Now Facebook will take some time to approve your new page name. If it’s according to their guidelines, Facebook will accept it; otherwise, it will reject it.
Change Your Facebook Page Name On Mobile
Here’s how you can change your Facebook page name on Android as well as iPhone.
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account.
- Navigate to your page and click “About” on the left menu.
- Press the “Edit Page Info” button.
- On the “Update Page Info” screen, you’ll see your current page name.
- Tap on the name field and type in the new name.
There you have it. Your followers will now see your new name.
Read Also: How to Unblock Someone On Facebook
Changing a Facebook name is a pretty straightforward process. This guide will take you through the whole process of changing page name and policies regarding it.